COVID-19 Safe Working Practices
We are working within the government guidelines for COVID-19 safe working practices and continue to update our procedures.
- We ensure contractors who feel unwell do not attend the premises.
- A risk assessment is carried out on all sites, prior to work starting.
- We communicate with households/businesses prior to any visit to discuss how the work will be carried out to minimise risk for all parties involved.
- We insist on increasing the frequency of handwashing for all workers onsite.
- We clean regularly touched objects and surfaces using cleaning products to reduce the risk of passing the infection on to other people.
- Contractors adhere to the social distancing guidelines set out by the government (2m, or 1m with risk mitigation where 2m is not viable).
- We endeavor to keep the working time involved as short as possible.
- Other measures that can be taken when needed, is using screens or barriers to separate people working onsite from each other.
- Contractors work using back-to-back or side-to-side working (rather than face-to-face) whenever possible.
- Monitoring the number of people each contractor has contact with by using ‘fixed teams or partnering’
- Were possible we allocate the same worker to the same site, each time there is a visit.
- All our staff wear appropriate PPE, masks and gloves.
- Mitigating risk where people need to hand things to each other (such as shared tools and domestic appliances) by using drop-off points or transfer zones.